Wednesday, June 23, 2010

She can laugh



Like the thirst of a man in the desert...I wanted to read my Bible this morning. I knew I could find a gem of truth to cling to, hold in my heart and keep circulating in my mind.

This is what I found for today...

"She is clothed with STRENGTH and DIGNITY; she can laugh at the days to come." Prov 31:25

Both sections of this verse really blessed me. I have always wanted to be one of those classy, strong, well intentioned women. To clothe myself both inwardly and outwardly with a dignity. To have an air of royalty with a gentle breeze of humility.

I think of my attitude the last several months and it has been an evolutionary process. I have gone from anger, to frustration, to grief and am just on the outer edges of laughter. To laugh at the days to come means my heart is filled with such peace, such anticipation that not even my imagination can falter it.

Today I look forward. Today I look inward. Today I clothe myself with dignity and laughter.

No comments: