Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Change

My darling husband has been doing research to help support me on my new book adventure. He is just that kind of man.

One of the things he discovered is that "change" is the number one seller of books. I completely resonate with that. Recently I was searching new women's bible studies and that exact thought crossed my mind. If I don't think it will change me, it isn't worth me reading.

So how do I translate that into my new adventure?

A) I find a new title. (don't' worry I am not hung up on the title...it may come to me after I get some chapters written.)

B) My story is really all about change...it will be easy for me to write MANY chapters of how God kept me through change, taught me how to endure change, taught me how to give changes to Him.

Doesn't this stir against your woman heart? It does mine. With our base desire for security and our nature to nurture we often resist change. We want confirmation and control. We want to organize change right out of our lives, we grieve when change happens and we weren't prepared.

This concept has kept me awake or dreaming the last two nights. How I can wrap my story around this fear/need. We need to be changed yet we fear it above all else.

Mind stirring stuff.

No comments: