Thursday, June 9, 2011

Getting the Best of Me

I am turning out to be a horrible sick person. Emmanuel came home to me crying my eyeballs out Tuesday night. I had cooked a beautiful dinner of fresh Salmon with tomato/cilantro pesto baked in. One of my favorite meals.

However- come to find out, the hard way, it was infused with gluten. Yep, you heard me right...they use gluten in the coloring and add coloring to make the salmon pink. SO FRUSTRATING.

Well, while I was doubled over like someone had kicked me in the gut, I indulged in a torrent of tears. I let all the frustration out with salt water. Kind of felt good to cry over it....

After that when the shakes started I just sniffled under my blanket and thanked God. It could be worse. It could be better, I did remind Him, but it could also be worse.

1 comment:

Dawn Shultz said...

Praying for you, dear Mary. It's tough not having everything right inside your body. I felt the same way this week about getting dental work! Came home and curled up in a ball on my bed, and woke up depressed the next morning. Fortunately, the Father holds us and doesn't let it go too far, even when we think it has.