Monday, February 7, 2011

Mentoring

Back in San Diego I participated in our Church mentoring program for women. I both had a mentor while I was there and also sat on the committee as a representative of women my age. It was a great experience.

Coming here to Ohio meant I lost my mentor. She was a wonderful woman and I really enjoyed getting to know her. We are still in touch but it is of course not the same with miles between us.

When we joined our new church in NE Ohio I registered for the mentoring program and eagerly anticipated meeting my new mentor! My friends were placed with various older women in the church as time went on. I hear their wonderful stories and tried to be patient while I waited for mine.

Several follow up e-mails and three years later, I got an e-mail today from my new mentor!!! I know God has perfect timing (not sure whey He took three years) so I am praying that this is the beginning of a wonderful relationship that will aid us both in our spiritual growth.

No comments: