Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just In Time

While getting my Masters in Global Leadership we did a lot of research for organizational development and project management. One of the presentations we did was based on Japanese business philospies of "Just in Time" and Kaizen.

The philosophy of JIT 看板 is simple - inventory is defined to be waste.

For some reason- I think this is God's MO with the Agbovi family. It seems like we never have more than we need. And when we stretch ourselves out there for big things, like a move to Ohio or purchasing our home, we always make due.

Take for instance our recent tax return. We had an obligation for X amount of money and had hoped to pay off a little extra debt with whatever was left over. How much are we getting back? The X amount.

Now my mind is still trying to wrap itself around what the spiritual possibility's of this could mean and I have yet to settle peacefully on a theory. My first reaction is frustration that my oil jar has just enough for the day's bread. I want to make a whole months worth!

Maybe God is teaching us to have faith? Maybe we aren't trustworthy enough with any extra right now? Maybe we need to be faithful during this time and soon our oil jar will run over?

Regardless of the reason- my prayer is that we go from a JIT way of life to a Kaizen 改善,. Kaizen is also a Japanese philosophy that is based on continuous improvement throughout all aspect of life.

I don't know if my business class and my spiritual life mix at all but those are my thoughts for today. I am thankful for all that God has done for us, will rejoice in my X amount of tax return and continue to serve Him with all my heart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very intriguing! Your comparisons make so much sense. We miss you guys!!

~ Jessica

Jen said...

I'm with ya sister! I love your explanation and I feel like God took us out of a place of comfort early in our marriage and has kept us in a place of JIT for years now. But I have seen growth and I've asked many of the same questions. I fell ya.